The sport is most popular in Britain and its former colonies: Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan and South Africa. However, cricket is beginning to gain popularity in other countries as well.
Spectators from all over the world are watching cricket matches and bettors are betting on this sport. Let us tell you about the pros and cons of betting on cricket and what makes it so attractive in the eyes of betting fans.
- Plenty of matches. Cricket matches take place throughout the year. Therefore, betting on this sport becomes especially popular in the summer, when footballers, basketball players and hockey players go on break. Interestingly, cricket is played even during the New Year (December 31 and January 1).
- Series matches. Cricket games are played very often. Each team plays several matches in one week. Thanks to this you can track the form of teams and individual athletes, watching the latest meetings and analyzing statistics.
- Big Limits. Many companies offer premium cricket matches limits that are many times higher than the maximum for betting on prestigious soccer tournaments. A list of the best bookmaker sites without identification can be found on the RB portal.
- A good spreadsheet. For international tournaments bookmakers offer a wide range of additional outcomes. So, in addition to betting on the winner and the number of ranks, the spread may include options for betting on other statistical indicators, both team and individual.
- No draws. The absence of draws increases the bettor’s chances of winning and making a profit in the long run, since only two outcomes have to be chosen, not three.
- Undervalued bets. Professional bettors make a profit by betting on the outcomes underestimated by the bookmaker. The chances of finding them in cricket are quite high. The thing is that on this sport mainly non-professionals bet, who are guided not by cold calculation, but by sympathy, that is, they bet on the victory of favorite teams, even if they have no chance to win. Because of this, the line of betting options are adjusted, and professionals can find undervalued outcomes with attractive odds.
- Low popularity in some countries. In most European and Asian countries cricket is not widespread. Therefore, bettors who do not speak English, it will be difficult to find team statistics, news or expert predictions.
Cricket is not very popular because of the fact that it is quite specific and unhurried, and its rules are difficult for some people to understand.
- Long Matches. Depending on the type of game cricket matches can last a very long time (from a few hours to a few days). Fans of betting such a duration often discouraged.
- Few video broadcasts. Broadcasts of some matches are quite difficult to find, but now bookmakers have begun to organize their own cricket broadcasts directly on their websites.
Cricket as a sports betting discipline has a lot of advantages. Matches are played throughout the year, and quite often, and bookmakers offer a wide range of betting options and do not burden customers with limits.
However, there are also disadvantages, which are most felt by residents of countries where English is not spoken and cricket is not popular.